Best Waterproof Golf Shoes
A good pair of waterproof golf shoes can make your game far more enjoyable and keep you comfy even when the weather gets bad. We will show you what to look for when you want the best waterproof golf shoes and how you can find a pair that works well for you.
How Waterproof Golf Shoes Will Improve Your Game
If you feel better, you play better, and keeping your feet dry while you play definitely feels better than letting them get wet. By keeping out the water as you golf, your feet will be more comfortable and you will avoid itchiness and other problems associated with wet feet.
You’ll also be able to focus more on the game rather than thinking about how unpleasant your feet feel in wet shoes. It’s simply no fun to play in wet shoes, so it’s important to have shoes that can keep out the water when you are playing in wet conditions.
You can’t tell when the course is going to be wet, so having a pair of waterproof golfing shoes ready is a good idea anytime.
A good quality pair will be worth your money and will do a great job of keeping out the water. That doesn’t mean you need to pay a lot for them, but they should be of decent quality before you trust them enough to wear the shoes while golfing.
Having dry feet reduces your stress and frustration and makes it easier to play at your best. The best waterproof golf shoes offer plenty of benefits for the average golfer, and if you read on, you will find out how to find the right pair of shoes.
Product Reviews: 5 Best Waterproof Golf Shoes
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
We have given you some guidelines to use as you search for the best waterproof golf shoes, and now we would like to share some of our top picks for this type of athletic shoe.
This is one of the most popular waterproof golf shoes. The price is decent for what you get, and it is incredibly comfortable to wear. It uses a combination of leather and synthetic materials to create a strong shoe that keeps water out and manages to be comfortable as well. There is a series of air holes to improve breathability, but these can become pretty stifling shoes after extended play sessions.
- The design is top notch.
- Perfectly waterproof.
- Not a bad price for the quality you get with these.
- Could be more breathable.
These have an average price point for waterproof golf shoes as well, coming in at around $80, depending on where you get it from and what options you go with. The spiked soles give you an excellent grip in even slippery ground conditions, and the leather and synthetic materials make for a very durable shoe. These Callaway shoes are far more breathable than most waterproof options, and yet they still manage to do an excellent job of protecting your feet from water.
- Tough and waterproof.
- Wonderfully breathable.
- Spiked soles offer superior grip.
- Not as comfortable as much of the competition.
- Sizes slightly small.
The cleats these adidas shoes come with are not able to grip as well as spikes, but they are generally easier to walk around in. A synthetic upper section provides excellent breathability but at the expense of waterproofing. These will keep out water coming in from the bottom of the shoes, but they won’t protect you very well from rainfall and splashes, so they are not truly waterproof. The added breathability and flexibility of these shoes, however, makes them some of the most comfortable golf shoes to wear in wet conditions.
- Extremely comfortable to wear.
- Flexible design.
- Keeps your feet feeling cool.
- Sacrifices waterproofing on the upper portions.
FootJoy does an excellent job of making their shoes flexible and comfortable, ensuring they provide a snug fit that is not too tight and that offers support for your feet in any playing conditions. That’s exactly what these golf shoes do, and they come with the added feature of decent waterproofing. They are great for using in adverse weather conditions, but they lack the breathability of some of the competition.
- One of the most comfortable golf shoes.
- Great at keeping the water out.
- High quality materials.
- Could use better ventilation.
The use of foam and cushioning support in these Puma shoes makes them extremely comfortable, even when you are running or walking on a slope. They offer excellent support to keep your feet protected and to reduce strain during long play sessions. The rubber soles have some minor cleating that keeps you from slipping but still makes it easy to walk on any surface. They do run a bit small when compared to regular sizing guidelines, however.
- The cushioning and support are excellent.
- Decent grip prevents slipping.
- Good motion control
- Slightly smaller than you might expect for the size.
What to Consider before You Buy
Not all waterproof shoes are worth your money, and here are a few things you should consider as you try to find the best ones for you:
- The Fit– First of all, golf shoes should fit. They should be comfortable and the right size for you, and as you search for a decent pair, be sure to notice if their sizes skew small or large for that brand. Not all golf shoes work with the same sizing system you are familiar with. You can read reviews to find out if specific shoes fit standard sizing guidelines.
- Warranty– If you are going to be playing in the rain and wet conditions often, then you should consider getting shoes with a waterproof guarantee, says Dick’s Sporting Goods. The warranty is the manufacturer’s guarantee that your shoes will hold up even under incredibly rough conditions, and if you are serious about playing comfortably in unpleasant weather, then you should be looking for this indicator. It’s especially helpful for people who live in areas that get a lot of rainfall.
- Spiked or Not– You can choose from spiked or spikeless shoes, but if you are going to be playing in adverse weather conditions and playing where the ground is slippery or muddy, then having spiked shoes is a good idea. You have to choose based on your own preferences, but we think you should at least consider this option before you buy.
- Quality– You get what you pay for with waterproof golf shoes, and if you are going to get the best ones possible, you can expect to pay a good bit of money. You can find cheap ones for as low as $30, with higher quality ones costing as much as a few hundred dollars. You’ll have to look at your budget before you put down a lot of money, of course, but it can be worth it to buy the more expensive, higher quality shoes. These will tend to last more and provide better protection.
What to Avoid
You have to be careful buying waterproof golf shoes. There are some mistakes that are made regularly enough that we need to call them out and address them here for your benefit:
- Buying Water Resistant Shoes– You have to look for terms like “waterproof” and “water resistant” on the shoes you are looking to buy. Golf Locker warns that water resistant shoes won’t come with a waterproof warranty, so the manufacturers have little faith that their shoes will hold up well against continuous rain or very wet ground conditions.
- Cheap Shoes- You also have to be careful that you don’t buy shoes that will wear out quickly or only provide minimal water protection. Low quality shoes simply won’t last that long or hold up very well, and you need to be careful about the kind of materials your shoes are made from and the reputation they have to protect you from water seeping in.
- Only Checking the Outside of the Shoe- The inside of the shoe may not make it more or less waterproof, but it does contribute to your comfort. Golfweek advises that you check the material inside the shoes to see if it will be comfortable for you or if it isn’t something you prefer. Having comfortable shoes is a key part of minimizing distractions while you play, and the materials inside your shoe contribute greatly to that comfort.
- Buying Shoes That Are Not Breathable– One of the key aspects of any good pair of shoes is their breathability. You may have to give some of that up for waterproof shoes, but you can still find shoes that keep water out and don’t make your feet sweat too much. Shoes without some breathability will be cloying and uncomfortable, especially in long play sessions, as they can feel stifling.
Are you prepared for wet conditions during your golf games? With the best waterproof golf shoes, you will be, and if you follow our guide, you can find ones that work very well for you and don’t break your budget. You can make an informed choice and feel confident in what you have bought before you even try them out on the course. We hope you found this guide to buying waterproof golf shoes helpful, and if so, then we urge you to check out our other guides on buying golfing equipment.